As per the Legends, there lived a couple Rami Reddy and Nagamma in the village Ellam palli near Gurram Konda who do farm for their livelihood. They were blessed with 2 sons and 1 daughter. The daughter was beautiful and called by the name Reddamma. One day while Reddamma was guarding the fields, The Nawab of the region saw this beautiful girl and ordered his staff to bring her. Frightened Reddamma tried a lot to escape from the soldiers and prayed for Lord Siva and Goddess Parvathi to rescue her. A bright light appeared in the sky and the hill got the crack and absorbed soldiers and Reddamma. One soldier who saw this incident reported Nawab and they left the place.
Rami Reddy and Nagamma were worried as their child did not return from the fields. Reddamma appeared in the dreams of the Nagamma and revealed her whereabouts. As instructed, next day morning they saw the goddess who manifested herself near the hill.
Reddamma temple Timings
All days, 6:00 am - 7:00 pm
Procedure to be followed for Kids
- One should visit Thotli Vari Palli which is near to Cherlopalli Village.
- Reddamma's clan is offering Ayurvedic medicine, which they are practising this for 200 years. Medicine will be distributed on Sundays at 6:30 am
- A woman has to take this medicine for 3 Sundays continuously.
- On the 3rd week, she has to visit Reddamma Temple after taking a bath at Temple Tank available at the temple premises.
- One should purchase coconut and piece of cloth which is available there in the premises. Prostrate before the goddess and express your wish.
- It is believed that goddess will appear in the dreams of the devotee and grants their wish.
- After this dream, one should tie mudupu (placing a stone on the cloth) to a branch of the banyan tree.
- Then she needs to enter the temple and handover the coconut and other pooja materials.
- Repeat this pooja for 3 continuous Sundays.