Mysore Zoological Park
Mysore Zoological Park Timings, History
The zoo park is 3 km from Mysore bus station and is beside Chamundi Hills. This Zoological park can be reached from Mysore Palace which is 2 km away. It house carnivorous, herbivorous, reptiles and birds from different parts of the world. Visitors can reach Zoo Park from Mysore Palace by Horse Carts which are readily available at the entrance.
- 1892: Established by the Mysore King Chamarajendra Wadiyar Bahadur. It was then called by Khasa Bangle or Private Bungalow. Occupies 10.3 acres of land.
- 1909: Name changed from Khasa Bangle to Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens in 1909.
- 1948: The Zoological Park came under the control of horticulture department
- 1979: The zoo authority transformed to Karnataka State government.
- Current Zoo stretches over 80 acres of land.