Mysore Palace History
Mysore Palace History, Timings
This historical palace also called by Amba Palace. Wodeyars who ruled the region from 1399 AD to 1950 AD built this place in 14th century AD. In the year 1610 AD, Wodeyars shifted the capital from Mysore to Srirangapatnam, however, Mysore Palace remained the official residence. A Lightning struck the palace and damaged partially in 1638 AD. The then King Raja Wodeyar II did the repair work.
In 1700 AD Century, When Tippu Sultan got into power, demolished the palace and used the material to construct a fort at Nazarabad. When Tippu Sultan lost the battle to the Britishers in 1799 AD, Britishers destroyed the Tippu's palace at Nazarabad and used the fort material to built the palace at Mysore in 1803 AD and reinitiated Krishnaraja Wodeyar III as the ruler of Mysore. In 1897, the major portion of the palace got burnt during a wedding ceremony of the Princess Jayalakshmanni. The present form of the Palace was built in 1912 AD by the British architect Henry Irwin and it cost 4.5 Million Rupees during that time. The fort will be lighted with 97000 electric bulbs daily.