Thousand Pillar Temple is located in Hanmakonda, Warangal District. Temple was built on a square platform which was raised 1 metre above the ground. This temple consists of 1000 pillars with beautiful carvings on it. This temple was built with typical Chalukyan architecture.
This temple was built during the reign of Kakatiya dynasty of Warangal in 1163 A.D. This temple was built with the pious effort from the King Rudra Deva of the Kakatiya dynasty. This temple complex has three shrines, dedicated to Lord Siva, Vishnu and Surya (Sun God). A large black basalt stone Nandi placed on an open platform in between the temple and the Nandi Pavilion. This temple was destroyed by the Muslim ruler Tuglak during his invasion of the south.